Friday, August 2, 2013

Nails of the Week (Actually less than 24 hours!): Ciate Chalkboard Manicure


I was so excited when I got the Ciate Chalkboard Manicure set.  Seriously, I got a little too giddy for a 31 year old.  So I was ultimately shocked at how disappointed I was once I actually tried it.  Let me tell you about it...

The set contains the chalkboard nail polish, 4 chalk pens, and a matte top coat. I knew from the moment I put on the first coat of the chalkboard nail polish that I wouldn't be happy with it.  To say that it is streaky is an understatement. It applied horribly.  It was gooey, streaky, bumpy, uneven, etc.  The chalk pens were horrible to work with as well.  The pen point is waaaay too thick to draw anything neatly on my small fingernails. The only colors that worked well for me was the blue and the white.  The pink one was too watery to make a decent anything and the yellow didn't want to cooperate as well.  The matte top coat didn't do a good job from keeping my nails from chipping.  They chipped badly less than 24 hours after I painted them!  I also had to paint them a second time because they came out horrendously the first time.



Less than 24 hours after painting

The concept is great, it was just really poorly executed.  I wish I had never bought this set.  Really, if you are thinking of getting this set, don't.  It's a waste of money for something that performs worse than a shitty drugstore brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment