Friday, August 30, 2013

Nails of the Week: Essie Bouncer, It's Me

This polish is from Essie's Neons 2013 collection.  Bouncer, It's Me and DJ, Play That Song really stood out to me.  Ultimately, I decided to purchase Bouncer, It's Me only for the fact that I have a ton of purples and no neon blues.  The color is a gorgeous, vivid neon blue.  It's my second favorite blue (my first is Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Pacific Blue). The formula is matte.  I'm not a huge fan of matte polishes because they don't really apply well on my nails (see my review and application of Ciate's Chalkboard manicure here.)  The formula isn't as horrendous as the Ciate chalkboard paint, but it wasn't the greatest either.  It is thick but wasn't too hard to apply.  It did, however, go on a bit streaky which left me unimpressed.  I used three coats to achieve the color above.  I decided to keep it matte by using E.L.F.'s Matte Top Coat.  It lasted about 5 days with the top coat on.  I would recommend using drying drops or a spray because it takes FOREVER for this polish to dry.  Even with the drying drops, it still took a good half  hour for it to completely dry.

I have yet to try the rest of the collection, but I now really want to get my hands on DJ, Play That Song!

Oh, I love the way it almost matches my Strategist Dalek! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment